Friday, September 14, 2007

Fishing Sucks...

=

That pretty much covers it, but I feel I should elaborate.

So, needless to say, being guildless the past few day I haven't been doing very many instances. I've spent most of my time talking to people and browsing the AH. It occured to me that someone had mentioned fishing at later levels can be quite the cash cow. So, off to the fishing trainer I went.

I found a good spot in the dwarf noobie area and started casting. After about 15 minutes I had a skill of 25. It was at this time that I felt like gouging my eyes out and smashing my head against my keyboard.

Cast, splash, click. Thats all there is. Cast, splash, click over and over and over again. I can't even fathom maxxing this skill out. Having to cast multiple times just to get 1 skill point. Seriously, acid enimas sound like more fun.

I want to say "hats of to those who maxxed this skill out before they made changes to it", but I can't. In my head I'm thinking: "Why do you people hate yourselves so much that you would put yourself through such tedium?"

I guess some people enjoy it, but not me.

I had seen on the WoW forums someone suggesting a mini-game revolving around non combat pets, Pokimon style. Where your pet and someone elses pet could face off. That at least sounds like an interesting and enjoyable activity for lvl 70s that don't feel like instancing or raiding but don't want to start another alt.

This of course will never come to pass, but hey its still an interesting idea.

I'll have to do some research on how viable fishing really is as a money maker, certainly before I even consider leveling this skill up again.

If any of the 5 people (yes folks, we've expanded to 5) that read this blog know about high level fishing, please feel free to post your thoughts.

5 comments:

Mera said...

So there are 4 others? O_o

Its pretty useful for gettin the well fed buff, like +44 healing, 23 spell dmg, 30 stamina, 20 agility etc

Anonymous said...

I often fish for about 10 minutes in the morning while I'm waking up. It's a relaxing start to the day. Do that for a couple weeks and you've got some decent skill.

I don't think I'll ever level up fishing on another character though. I didn't enjoy the quest to become artisan. Yeah, it's cool, but it was really tedious.

(new reader here, btw)
Tinitim 66 Shaman (Arathor)
Finwe 70 Druid (Lothar)

Joel said...

My wife leveled up fishing while doing guild business. She managed to pay for her epic mount that way. Also for mages the ZG quest for the polymorph turtle requires fishing. I plan to level fishing on one of my characters some day but as you say, the grind is amazingly tedious.

Charles Fox said...

Hello, fellow commenters! I view fishing and cooking as necessary evils. When I'm healing those Golden Fishsticks provide a nice bonus (+44 healing, +20 spirit). What's great about them is that they stack with flasks and elixirs. I'll fish just enough to keep myself in stock with the fishsticks and then gratefully hang up the pole again.

Anonymous said...

Hehe I am the fifth :)

I just levelled 375 fishing/cooking, because I hated having nothing to bring to raids (skinner/leatherworker here) when some people in my guild (always the same ones) were farming for potions and giving them away.

So now I always have +AGI, +SPI, + heal, regen mana and +spell dmg food, not very difficult farming and extremely useful.

Food does not sell on my server, but it really does on some servers I have read...

Brohuld