Wednesday, January 30, 2008

My First Trip Out

Well, I was able to raid Kara last night as Enhancement. This is the first time I've done any kind of instance since accumulating my PVP gear. I had a few concerns.

1 - Since I haven't played enhancement in a PVE setting, my aggro would be all over the place.

2 - If I didn't heal someone they would be pissed (residual healer-itis)

3 - My DPS would blow chunks and all the time I spent trying to get the best gear I though possible would be for naught.

Things actually turned out pretty good. We had a paly for Salvation which was nice. I still was riding a fine line with the aggro meters but I only died once the entire instance and not from drawing aggro.

Our healing was top notch so no one even notice that I could heal.

My DPS was good. I think there are some things I can do to improve for sure, and I still have some upgrades coming but I was pleased overall.

Without further ado, I present the anonymous WWS report. We didn't get Curator because I had to bail unexpectedly. (I'm Parma btw)

http://wowwebstats.com/6fx2x3ou4hj3m

My DPS on Attumen kind of sucked because the offtank was just OK and I had to be really careful on Midnight. After the merge our resto druid refused to get on Attumens ass and kept getting charged so people were running around and such. Also this was the first 15 minutes or so in to the instance so I was being really cautious about pushing the aggro meters.

Moroes was better and my DPS was good. We had one shackle, a trap, and some paly fear as CC. Our DPS was good enough that things didn't really live long so not having more than one shackle wasn't really an issue.

Maiden was a joke. She was dead in what felt like seconds. Shamanistic rage cut down on the damage I was taking. I just kept twisting Grounding and WF totems to help eat her holy fires and basically just DPS'd the crap out of her.

Romulo and Julianne went down easy as well.

After that the plan was to move on to Curator before calling it a night. Unfortunately I had to go unexpectedly and I heard this morning that they didn't get him down. I feel bad but there was no choice, and besides we'll get him Thursday.

The only unfortunate thing I can say about the run was that we didn't get to start the run on time and we still needed to PuG like 3 - 4 people. Our core group from the old guild just isn't on and it stinks. If we had the people that were attending previously combined with the new guild we would have been set.

I think it will be better going forward though, once the run actually got off the ground and really started rolling, people realized that the weekday raiding team might not necessarily equal the "B" team. People can be very hesitant to commit to something if they think it won't work out and be just the opposite once the ball has started rolling. I think that will be the case here, or at least I hope. We have the second part of the run scheduled for Thursday. If we can start on time I see no reason that we couldn't down Curator, Aran, Chess, and one more at least.

Wish us luck!

No comments: