Monday, November 12, 2007

Moroes 8 (or so) ... Us 1!!!

So after trying many a different strat we were able to down Moroes.

One thing that I didn't realize would happen was that the adds changed when we went back on Sunday.

They switched to the Ret Paly, Prot Warrior, Shadow Priest, and Holy Priest.

So after one of our tanks neglected to show up entirely (only to log on and /gquit later that night) We had to fill in some spots. We started clearing in the hopes that the tank would log in, or we could find someone and be good to go. It didn't really turn out that way as we ran in to respawn and got delayed for a little more than an hour..

So we switch out one of the locks from Wednesday for his tank. We then PuG another lock. We get a few attempts off, but they weren't quality attempts necessarily. We had some aggro problems and some getting used to the pull again.

We buffed up again and went at it. Our Paly jumped on the Holy priest and feared the shadow . Shackling the other 2. We burned down 1, then moved on to the other. Once done we focused on Moroes. We downed him with only 1 death due to Garrote right at the end.

Here's the thing.

We got lucky.......

Our DPS is still sub par. Luckily Moroes Garroted the 2 tanks, the dwarf priest (stoneform), and myself. (Paly BoP ftw) Had we not gotten that combo, we wouldn't have won, I firmly believe that.

We just don't burn down the adds or Moroes fast enough.

Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy that we got him down. I was able to pick this up:



I lose some stats and I gain some stats. Gain: Int, Stam, Mp5, and AC. Lose: +Healing, spirit, and some sockets.

The thing is, I just don't know if we won't run in to a wall all over again with this guy.

Thanks to BRK I now have WWS up and running and will have a log to view on Thursday. (Because of this, I probably won't have a Wednesday update.)

I'm not exactly sure what it is. It could be the locks not re-applying dots after Moroes Vanishes. It could be not switching / burning down the adds fast enough. Or worst of all, it could just be not enough DPS output. We'll have to see, and I'll keep my fingers crossed.

My one thought is that if we wipe even once on Wednesday will be to sub in another priest. Thanks to the 2.3 patch adding damage to healing we could have an extra shackle to get on to Moroes sooner and some sub par DPS with some back-up healing. The trade-off for giving up a pure DPS might be worth it.

All in all I'm really happy with how we're moving along and learning. After Moroes we made our way to Opera and gave one shot at Dorothy, The Crone, and the lot. We failed fairly quickly. Everyone was tired and no one felt bad calling it then and there.

So we'll see on Wednesday.

In the meantime hopefully we can recruit some......everyone. We basically need all classes. We don't have any Rogues for god sakes. Who would ever have imagined that.

Wish us luck.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Grats :D

One thing I forgot: you may want to have a shaman in the Tanks group (preferrably an Enhancement one if possible) setting up Poison totems to dispel the blindness...

The Oz event is the most complex of all Opera events requesting all kinds of classes and coordination, with a little bit of luck you will have the other events next week :)

Brohuld